TATRA METALURGIE is the direct successor of Tafonco a.s. and Taforge a.s. and thus a continuation of the long tradition of foundry and forge production in Kopřivnice, which has been connected from the beginning with the production of vehicles - first carriages, through railway wagons, to the production of cars. The historical roots of the production date back to the middle of the 19th century, when Ignác Šustala started the production of carriages and chariots in Kopřivnice (then Nesselsdorf), thus laying the foundation for the later establishment of TATRA, the third oldest car producer in the world and the oldest in Central Europe.
- 1853 construction of the first blacksmith's workshop, beginning of blacksmithing
- 1860 construction of a lathe with a foundry, the beginning of the foundry
- 1960 commissioning of the current forge, commissioning of the current foundry Al
- 1972 commissioning of the current Fe foundry
- 1995 foundry operations and forge by independent trading companies
- 2016 merger of Tafonco a.s. and Taforge a.s. = TATRA METALURGIE a.s.